Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

40

Day Forty

November 3, 2010

Today, I must say, was a good day. I'm still praying for all of my friends in English class. I feel like each time I see them the world is pulling them harder and harder.

At lunch the guy with the bad mouth was still sitting with us, but today God blessed me and Amanda. We sat at the table for all of lunch with no major disruptions like the last few days! Praise God! While I was sitting there Amanda and I saw one of our friends leave the lunch room looking really upset. I was able to text her and remind her that God is in control and that the best thing she can do is pray and ask God for help. She might not have listened to me. She might have deleted the text. But holding each other accountable and keeping our friends in check is so important and so necessary to the kingdom of God.

We had a test in Chemistry today. For some reason God gave me a mathematical mind (even though I hate strongly dislike math), so the test was no problem for me. (Who knew so much math is involved with Chemistry?!) I didn't have much review to do, but others around me did. Because of this gift that God has blessed me with, I was able to help others around me understand half-lives and the effects of radiation. Right before my teacher handed out the test I noticed a lot of students psyching themselves out. I started making jokes and telling funny stories and ripping up my eraser like Humpty Dumpty. They were a little bit more relaxed and hopefully it helped them concentrate. It helped me! Praise God that every day in Chemistry I can help give someone a reason to smile! After the test one of the kids came up to me saying, "I think you got me three extra points on my test!" Praise God! He used my least favorite subject to bring Him praise!

Matthew 6:25;

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?"

Psalm 126:3;

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

2 Corinthians 12:9;

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment