Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 39

Day Thirty-Nine

November 2, 2010

Today is election day! I can't vote yet unless it's for the school elections, so I'm spending today praying for the people who can vote and that they will make the right decisions. The best comfort is knowing that God is in control of everything and it will all work out for His glory one way or another.

I was at lunch today when Amanda and I once again had to get up and leave the table. Some kids sitting near us used horrible language and I just could not take it anymore. In this world, especially in a public high school, we cannot get away from immoral influences. Bad thoughts and wrong choices are being thrust at us from TV, music, billboards, and the people around us. I choose godly music for my iPod, am careful about what I watch on TV, try not to pay attention to inappropriate advertisements, but I can't get away from people. Amanda and I can walk away from the table, but there are still kids walking around doing things we know are wrong. I can't control what other people do, but I can control how I react to it. I won't join in and I won't compromise my morals and beliefs just to fit in. As a testimony to everyone else I will stay true to myself and, more importantly, my God.

In English we are talking about evil and the seven deadly sins. We have to evaluate different deeds (like stealing a pen or killing an enemy) and rate them on how evil we think they are. Then we have to write about our own character flaws and how evil we are. The Bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. I'm going to use this opportunity to share the gospel in my assignment.

Romans 3:23;

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23;

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Philippians 4:13;

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

1 Corinthians 10:13;

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

No comments:

Post a Comment