Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 41

Day Forty-One

November 4, 2010

I had an amazing day today! I got to wake up to the book of Proverbs, continue reading it in Advisory and French, and even got through a few chapters in Matthew. God has taught me so much today and He has already given me three different opportunities to share the knowledge I gained through Proverbs today with my friends who needed to hear it. Two arguments are being settled right now thanks to the words God showed me throughout the day.

For some reason high school kids love to start drama. The smallest drop of a pencil could ruin years-long friendships. God hates when His people fight each other! I have to admit- I'm not perfect! (No matter what people try to tell you! haha... just kidding :D) Today I thought I was avoiding confrontation when my reaction actually caused another one. I didn't realize this until I got home and saw a Facebook post. As humans we cannot avoid conflict and we will always get ourselves into trouble. But as Christians we need to realize our wrongs we must make amends and ask for forgiveness. When I found out how much I hurt my friend I had to send her a private message and ask for her forgiveness. I admitted my wrong. It's not easy. And announcing this now for everyone to read about? Well, honoring God is most important to me- not what other people think. I am cleansed and washed clean. More importantly, when I was apologizing to my friend I was able to share a part of the gospel with her and tell her, in a gentle and respectful way, what God thinks about fighting with each other.

My favorite part about today was talking to the girl in Chemistry that took forever for me to have the courage to say hi to. She's really nice and really sweet! I get to do another lab with her tomorrow.

Proverbs 17:14, 19;

"Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out. He who loves a quarrel loves sin; he who builds a high gate invites destruction."

Matthew 5:38-39;

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

2 Timothy 2:23;

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels."

No comments:

Post a Comment