Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

43

Day Forty-Three

November 8, 2010

My Bible reading hasn't stopped! I can't get enough! My prayer is that this love for God's Scripture won't be a momentary enthusiasm. I finished my AWANA lesson for this week and next week in class.

So before I mention today I have to mention this past weekend! On Friday night and Saturday I went with friends from my old church to Seattle Harvest at the Key Arena. It was amazing! I got to worship to songs by Kutless, Revive, Hawk Nelson, Jeremy Camp, The Katinas, and Crystal Lewis in an arena FULL of other believers and those who have yet to know God's insane love for us. I got to watch as thousands of people came down to the floor to say the sinner's prayer. I got to listen to Greg Laurie speak as he told some and reminded others about the importance of Christ and how amazing the GIFT of salvation is. I wish I could have gone Sunday too, but I had other commitments.

In English Amanda and I were looking through our Bibles looking for encouraging/important Bible verses for teenagers. It was an amazing reminder on how to act. It was convicting! I want to share all of this joy with everyone else. I feel like so much more should have happened by now since we're two months into the school year, but I need to be patient and go by God's timing- even if I want things to go faster.

God's plan vs. my plan. Well, my plan is to be friends with everyone with no confrontation or clash. God's plan is apparently that one of my English friends stops talking to me. I love her so much, but if that's God's plan then I will accept it and constantly keep praying for her.

Matthew 7:7;

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Philippians 1:27a;

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."

Philippians 3:8-9;

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things, I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment