Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

45

Day Forty-Five

November 10, 2010

I am now caught up on my days! Praise God that there's no school tomorrow! Thank you to all the veterans who have served and for those who are serving right now. Thanks to you we can call ourselves a "free country."

But there is a freedom worth more than what we have in America. There's another war going on. And a very valuable life was lost for it. There is a victory, and it gives us the best kind of freedom- freedom from sin. The war is between God and Satan. The fatality was that of Jesus Christ, who came to earth (onto the battle field) knowing that He was going to die. The best part? Christ didn't stay dead. He rose again on the third day, conquering death, overcoming Satan, having paid the debt for our sin, giving us both freedom from sin and eternal life! Hallelujah! His war story? It's called the gospel and it's all recorded in a book called the Bible. War might not be my favorite thing to think about, but I praise God for the men and women serving our country. I praise Him still because every war reminds me of Jesus Christ and how I don't deserve my salvation. If you have any questions talk to a Pastor or a Christian you trust.

I have a friend in math. I hate strongly dislike math, but I love sitting sometimes in front and sometimes behind her. She's always jumpy and freaking out over small things, so I told her that one of my goals for this year is to help her relax and chill out :D. I wrote her name down in my planner. I also got to give one of my friends a Bible today. The gospel is being preached.

God is good. God is great. God is awesome. God is indescribable!

Romans 6: 17-18;

"But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

Luke 23:44-46, 24:2-6a;

"It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit." When He had said this, He breathed His last. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about his, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; He has risen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment