Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 42

Day Forty-Two

November 5, 2010

God has blessed me with a whirlwind busy (yet very productive) life, so I am writing this on the 10th. Time to get all caught up!

So yesterday I mentioned how I got to read my Bible for the majority of some of my classes. The Bible is so amazing and so full of important messages and lessons that I couldn't put it down! Today again I read my Bible with every minute of spare time I had. In the past two days I have finished Proverbs, Ruth, and Matthew. This reading is helping me so much! I'm better focused, better prepared for my day, and more alert as to what's going on around me and what influences I'm soaking in. Nobody commented on me reading my Bible today, but I don't read my Bible for other people to notice. It's a great way to start a conversation, but my main goal is always to grow closer to and more in love with my God!

I finished the lab in science with the really sweet girl. I also started writing down names in my planner throughout the week. They aren't always names- but some way that I can remember different people. I write down my friends, my acquaintances, and random people I see in the halls. Then, when I get home I pray for them. I don't always have anything specific for different people, but I lift up their lives to God in prayer because He knows what they need. It also helps me keep the focus off of myself and back onto the main goal: reaching out to others with the love of Christ.

2 Timothy 2:15;

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."

2 Timothy 3:16-17;

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

No comments:

Post a Comment