Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

44

Day Forty-Four

November 9, 2010

I love my school. I love walking through the halls and waving at 20 different people and saying hi to almost everyone I see. I love having people to talk to in all my classes. I might hate strongly dislike math, but I love the people I sit with. I love the social aspect. Most importantly, I love using these opportunities that God blesses me with to share the gospel! I love helping give people a reason to smile.

Since Thursday I have now made it through the books of Proverbs, Ruth, Matthew, Daniel, Hosea, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, 1, 2, 3 John, and Amos! This book is so good! So hard to put down! So encouraging! So convicting! So helpful! So real! So important! So true! So unbelievable! God loves us so much to give us a direct way to learn about who He is! And better yet- if we want to talk to God all we have to do is pray! We don't even have to say it out loud! God knows our thoughts. God is so amazing, so big, so powerful, so perfect, so REAL! And yet He loves me? He cares for me? He wants to listen to me? I am constantly in awe of my Lord, Savior, Creator, and Best Friend.

I spent today once again absorbed in God's amazing Scripture. How can I help others grow spiritually or answer questions they may have if I don't know what I'm talking about? It's like taking a test without studying or coming to class. You might know a few answers, but you're going to fail nonetheless.

Isaiah 40:28;

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

1 Corinthians 1:18;

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

"They say it sounds insane
We say that we've been changed
By the power of
Crazy Love
This world, it looks at us
Like we're ridiculous
Baby, it's all because
Of Crazy Love"

-from the song "Crazy Love"

Hawk Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment