Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 11

Day Eleven

September 17, 2010

Thank goodness it's Friday! The whole day my main focus was getting out of school and onto a youth group retreat. I'm rushing to fill out today's events so I can make it to church before everyone leaves!

My friend in English was telling me about how she got to share with her friends about her "positive influence" yesterday. She makes me smile :D. We started to play a game called "never have I ever" where you say things that you have never done and if somebody else playing has done what you said, they put down a finger. We start holding up ten of our fingers and the last person to hold up any amount of fingers wins. By the end everyone decided that if they want to get Amanda and me out they "have to include church!" That is such a testimony to be able to talk to your classmates and say that you haven't fallen into the temptation of the world. That you CAN choose to do the right thing, instead of necessarily the popular thing.

In History we were talking about city states and making sure that we know what they are. At the end of class our teacher asked random people to tell him what a city state is in their own words. Then he would ask if they felt good about their answer. He said he wants us to say, "I feel good about it because I know it's true." I totally related that to the Bible as soon as I heard it. Comparing it to Greek mythology- the story of their gods are not always believable. A woman with snakes for hair? Maybe in Monsters Inc. But with the Bible we know that what we read is true for so many reason! Everything is logical, it's scientifically accurate, nobody has been able to prove the Bible wrong, and the Bible verifies itself.

I could go on and on about what God has showed me today, but I have to be leaving for the retreat soon. Always be thinking of God's plan and how you can glorify Him. It's so hard to stay focused, but it's the best decision ever!

Psalm 1:1-2;

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night."

2 Timothy 3:16;

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

No comments:

Post a Comment