Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 2

Day Two

September 3, 2010

Today was my first day of classes at Thomas Jefferson! This is my fifth new school where I only know a few people. I am no stranger to first impressions. First impressions tell people a lot about who you are, so I really wanted to make this one count- not just for me, but for the God I serve. I wore a shirt that has a biblical message on it. First impressions aren't always about what you say. A lot of times in a classroom you don't have opportunities to talk, so you have to use your actions. After realizing this, I made it a point to smile in all of my classes. I introduced myself to anyone I could. Last year at Decatur one thing that I learned was how much a simple smile can change somebody's day.

My fifth period class is French class. I have a really cool teacher who asked us to go around the room and tell the class our name and a little bit about ourselves. What a perfect way to praise God in public! For my turn I stood up, smiled, and said, "My name is Amy. I'm a Christian and I love Jesus!" Yeah, spreading the gospel is that easy.

When teachers decided to give me self-evaluations or get-to-know-you sheets I got excited. They always ask what's important to you. BAM! I wrote, "God is my everything." Word snapshot? No problem! "Follow Jesus." On one sheet I had to write a "positive statement to myself" so I put down, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God who loves me and has the perfect plan for me." God blessed me so much today and made it really easy to keep my focus on Him.

Today I was definitely not perfect and in a few classes I got so nervous around a bunch of strangers that I didn't smile, I didn't get as excited to fill out papers, I even judged some of the kids I was sitting near. I have no right to judge others. Even still, my focus was not on just surviving the day, my goal for today was well accomplished- living a life pleasing to God and sharing the gospel everywhere I went.

Romans 12:11;

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."

Psalm 40:9;

"I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD."

Psalm 139:14;

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well"

No comments:

Post a Comment