Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 5

Day Five

September 9, 2010

These first few days have gone amazingly fantastic! God has been able to use my presence in such awesome ways! Absolutely none of this is for me or for my praise; this is all for God the Father and sharing His love and His compassion to everyone I meet. I really hope this is encouraging you to share your faith at school, at work, or around town!

I have to say that today was not as remarkable as the first three. Teachers have started to transition into the whole "now let's actually learn something" mode which leaves less room for conversation. However, God is not done working because of my teachers doing their job! That just sounds ridiculous! God works through us in ways other than just conversations. Most of my classmates know by know that I am a follower of Christ and that I take the Bible very seriously. I don't always associate myself with religion because 1) there are a lot of religions out there, 2) the word "religion" freaks a lot of people out, and 3) I have more of a relationship with God rather than a religion. So if I'm not always talking about my faith, how can I evangelize in my school?

Titus 2:7-8;

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us."

I can spread the gospel by doing what is right. Today when my classmates were being loud and chatty and unfocused, I finished my work. I turned in my assignments on time. Not because I'm better than them, because I'm not, but I did what was right. My actions and how I treat others can tell people a lot about who God is, because they know that I live for God and the Holy Spirit lives inside of me. THAT is why I'm almost always smiling. THAT is why I love complimenting people. THAT is why I choose to be a good student. THAT is why I have good grades. It's because I choose to live in such a way that God is glorified through my actions. I don't always succeed, but God is forgiving and He is always there to help me. I have had at least four girls say to me in the past month, "When I grow up, I want to be like you!" Some of the girls in my English class don't call me Amy, they call me their "good example." I challenged one of the girls not to skip any of her classes for the rest of the week. If she succeeds, I'll give her a candy bar :). Sharing God's love can just be showing that you care for those around you. God is teaching me a lot so far about how willing people are to listen to you when you approach them the right way.

Even though I'm just a sophomore in high school, God can still use me. It's only five days into the school year and God has already given us amazing results. Just think, if I can have this many conversations and this many opportunities to share my faith and God's love, how much can happen in a full year? This is no small project! This is a mind-changing lifestyle that will change how you live forever. I only have one life to share this good news to the unsaved, and I want to use every opportunity given to me. My prayer is that you will join me on this project and that God will use you to reach those around you.

1 Timothy 4:12;

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity."

Matthew 5:16;

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment