Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 13

Day Thirteen

September 21, 2010

I love Tuesdays! I have to get to church, so unfortunately I can't go into much detail today. I am proud to say that The Fishing Project is making its way into Highline Community College! My friend texted me at lunch saying how she was complimenting and smiling everywhere. A small start that can make a big impact.

Today is youth group. I finally got the candy bar for my friend in English. She is coming to youth group tonight! As well as another friend from that class. Christ's Church youth group is gaining a great reputation in my English class.

I was talking with these girls while working and we ended up talking about the gospel. We talked about my colorful bracelet and one of my friends took the color card that explains everything. I asked her what the colors mean and she could explain every one. Not in much depth, but I was insanely impressed! I explained a bit more to her. She told me about when she devoted her life to Christ, I shared a bit of my testimony, and our friend next to us told us about her life.

In History class Amanda got to share the gospel with a girl sitting next to her! That is two gospel-talks in less than one hour! God is amazing! I have so much more that I would love to share with you guys as encouragement. God is on our side! However, I have to get to youth group so you will just have to wait until tomorrow. Remember, patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit.

Colossians 4:5-6;

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

Galatians 5:22-23;

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

No comments:

Post a Comment