Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 15


Day Fifteen

September 23, 2010

I have only been going to TJ for 15 days and it already seems like forever. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

In English we are still talking about hero quests. I forgot to read my Bible before I left the house this morning, so I brought my big Bible to school today and read it during our work time. I was reading Acts 22 which is pretty much a summary of Paul's conversion. What I'm learning in English can be found in the Bible! Paul went on a "hero quest" when he was on the road to Damascus. That was my smile moment for the day. I am still praying for all of my friends in that class.

Even though I hate strongly dislike math, today was the first day I really got to shine God's light during class. We had gotten our tests back and were partnered up to correct/answer questions about our work. I didn't necessarily go through the gospel with anyone through words, but I got to make some new friends that usually sit in the back of the classroom. God blessed me with ample math skills, so I got to help the other kids understand their problems (in math). And I realized that some of my classmates in one class also have other classes with me! I'm beginning to notice the people around me more.

There is one girl that I have in two different classes but I haven't had the courage to go up to her yet. I still get really scared when I meet new people. So I have kept her in my prayers and I'm asking God to help start a conversation. I'm flawed in so many ways, but when I devote myself wholeheartedly to God, He helps me do things I didn't know that I could.

Job 11:7-9;

"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens- what can you do? They are deeper than the depths of the grave- what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea."

Psalm 33:20;

"We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield."

No comments:

Post a Comment