Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 8

Day Eight

September 14, 2010

The whole point of The Fishing Project is showing the people around us that God loves them and that the best decision they can ever make is to live for Him. God has given me some amazing friends in English class where every day I get to talk about my faith with them. I owe one girl a candy bar and she still hasn't skipped any classes since I first gave her the challenge! Today we took a test in that class and after we had finished that same girl wrote me a really sweet note about how she's glad I'm her "positive influence." God is really working! I again got to invited everyone around me to our church youth group and I hope some of them come tonight.

While the girl in front of me was writing me the note, Amanda was sitting next to me with her Bible open to Proverbs. I had out my new Bible study book, "Girls Gone Wise in a world gone wild." The girl in front of me took my book to look at what it was about, so I whipped out my own Bible and started reading that. Then she handed back my "Girls Gone Wise" book and took my Bible! She turned to Psalm 23 and told me it's her favorite. Obviously she knows that God is the right choice. Hopefully God can use me to show her what truly living for Him means in everyday life. I love my English class!

At lunch I also got to talk to the people at my table about church. I found out that one of my friends goes to the church my family went to before Christ's Church! It was really encouraging to see other Christians at school.

Wherever I go I love to share God's love by complimenting people. That really helps me get the focus off of myself and onto encouraging and lifting up others. Today was a little strange, though. I saw one girl that I couldn't think of any way to compliment her! In truth I didn't like how she dressed or looked or acted around others, but she really looked like someone who could use some encouragement. After talking to one of my friends about this, he told me to simply say, "You look like someone that Jesus loves!" I plan on telling her that the next time I see her :D.

Acts 13:47;

"For this is what the Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth'"

Philippians 2:3-4;

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment