Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 16

Day Sixteen

September 24, 2010

I get to write this on Monday, three days later, because right after school I got to go to a friend's house and onto our youth Pastor's house for a sophomore dinner. Let's see if I can remember my amazing day serving God...

Classes seemed really short. In English I didn't do my work. I decided it was minor enough that I could take it home and finish. (I still have a whole week to accomplish an assignment that will talk two hours tops.) So instead, Amanda and I played a game called "1,2,3- UGLY!" with the people sitting around us. It's where you all get together in front of a camera and you say "1,2,3- UGLY!" When you say 'ugly', you make an ugly face and take a picture. Even though some people might tell us we were wrong to do that and we were wasting our class time, we got to strengthen our relationships, have something to laugh about, and left a good taste in the people's mouths because we didn't shove the gospel down their throats every day. I began the year stating my views openly and honestly, started conversations focused on their opinions, so now I'm ready to be there if they have any questions.

I noticed some really shy kids in a few of my classes. I learned their names and now whenever I see them in the halls or in my classes I make it a point to say hi to them and acknowledge them by name. It's one thing to say hello, but remembering their names? That's hard.

Matthew 5:13;

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."

Matthew 6:19-21;

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment