Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 18

Day Eighteen

September 28, 2010

I learned my lesson. Last night I ended my day with my Bible and talking to God through prayer. This morning I started my day with my Bible and talking to God through prayer. I asked for His help, because I already learned that I can't do this by my own power.

My friend in English has only skipped one class this whole year! I started a new thing with her this year- new challenges every month. These are hard challenges, like respecting the parental units, no cussing/ inappropriate language, and treating everyone with kindness and compassion- even if you don't like them. She even agrees to follow through with these insane requests! God is working in the hearts of His people.

In History I was one of five people to have completed the homework. I'm not a goody-goody, but it's a great testimony to show people that you can do what's right, even if everybody else doesn't. In our History books we are learning about Ancient Rome and the start of Christianity. I have to be discerning when I read about Jesus Christ in the history book because it isn't always accurate. Hopefully this will open doors to straighten out any misconceptions about who God is and what He wants from our lives.

Youth group is tonight! I made sure to invite everyone again, but it's up to them to come or not. I'm not being too forceful, but I'm not a jellyfish either :).

2 Corinthians 10:5;

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Colossians 1:28-29;

"We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment