Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 6

Day Six

September 10, 2010

God knows what is best for us. He knows what we need and when we need it. God provides for us. Today that came in the form of a Friday. Today was my fifth day of going to school and it's already my second Friday!

Today we had an assembly and all of our classes, so each class was about 40 minutes long. That meant that we had little time to talk and most of our time was actually working. (Working? In a public school? Who would have thought?! :D) But I still have plenty of reasons to praise God for today. God doesn't waste any day He gives us.

My friend in English hasn't skipped any classes as far as I'm aware since I gave her the challenge. Every time I'm in class with her we talk and she sounds excited to come to youth group when she can. In History I read my Bible with my free time again. I got to talk to a few kids around me about how I go to church and how a few of them do, too. In French and History we had to talk in front of the class, so I volunteered to go first whenever I could! God gives me strength to be confident in who I am.

Although today might not be as much to write about as days before, it's still important. I was able to plant seeds the first few days with my conversations and confidence. Now I just need to make sure that I don't give up, but keep my focus on God and on His plans for me. It's important to make sure that you act the same way that you say you live. I don't know about you, but hypocrites are the first people I start to disregard. Six days in and I still feel terrific.

Joshua 1:8-9;

"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

1 Corinthians 3:7;

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment