Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 19

Day Nineteen

September 29, 2010

I have to start today by talking about yesterday. At youth group two of my friends came from school! They finally came! And the lesson was about choosing our friends. God knows what we need and when we need it. Also when I was at youth group we got to hear from my friend Alyssa who goes to Highline for running start. A lot of the older kids in our youth group go to Highline and a few go to Green River. She was talking about how The Fishing Project is being brought to their schools, too! Today they had their first prayer meeting after multiple religion-based conversations. One of my other friends told me about how her brother came up to her during lunch saying he was bored. She simply said, "Then go fishing!" So he did! None of this is about me or what I'm doing- it's about the body of Christ working towards one common mission.

So back to today. In band I got to talk to one of the seniors in my class. She is really cool. I'm bringing her chocolate chip cookies as soon as I can work it into my schedule to bake some. And through twisting my words and looking adorable (like always) I got the drum major to agree to buy me a Twinkie! At least I got to show people that even when I'm freezing and marching when I don't want to, I still have a reason to keep a smile on my face- and hopefully give others a reason to smile, too.

I didn't have English today, but I still saw my English friends. The one that I gave the challenge to is sticking with her challenge for the week. I gave her a gospel bracelet with the gospel by colors on it. Her challenge is to wear that every day and go through the meanings of the colors with everyone who asks her about it. Today was the first official day. She has already gone through the bracelet four times! My other English friend decided to start doing the challenge, too! They also have to memorize a verse to go along with each challenge. This week the verse is one of my favorites- 1 Peter 3:15.

In math we had a fire drill and we all had to go outside. I hate strongly dislike math, so I wasn't wearing my prettiest face when we went out. Some of the kids from my Chemistry class were standing next to me while we waited and they asked what was wrong with me? I guess I'm always happy and bubbly when I'm in Chemistry. By the time I made it to my last class- Chemistry- I was happy and bubbly and excited to share God's love again. But why couldn't I be like that in math? Just because I hate strongly dislike a subject doesn't mean I have to be all down and grumpy to everyone else. I'm going to work on that.

Some of my friends and I are talking about starting a prayer group or Christian club on campus. I'm actually not the one that started that idea, either. Just more proof that God doesn't need me! It's strange to say, but I cannot put into words how excited and happy that makes me feel that if I walk off the face of this earth, it won't make a difference. God will still be preached and His love will still be made known.

Now I have a challenge for you: As you read these entries think about your own life. Are you not only taking the opportunities Christ gives you, but are you also going out of your way to CREATE opportunities to share Christ's love? To tell people about the hope you have in Him? Are you willing to do new things that might be out of your comfort zone because you know it's what God wants you to do? This is definitely no small or easy task. But it's worth it.

1 Peter 3:15;

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."

Isaiah 35:3-4;

"Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution He will come to save you."

Psalm 98:2;

"The LORD has made His salvation known and revealed His righteousness to the nations."

1 comment: