Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 17

Day Seventeen

September 27, 2010

Today was so long! I finished some of my homework while in English. After playing "1,2,3- UGLY!" on Friday, I decided to be a better example today. I did my work and stayed focused.

Okay guys, I have to be honest. The Fishing Project is so hard. Today I pretty much zoned out and didn't try. I didn't really start any conversations with others because all that I could think about was falling asleep. I didn't start my day by reading my Bible. I was so selfish today and didn't stop once to think if I was doing what God wants me to be doing. We aren't even done with September and I have already started to put my tiredness, my boredom, my "needs" (wants) before God's needs. I am a horrible, horrible person! I am no one to look up to, no one special, nothing of importance. Today I learned that God doesn't need me and He's not going to be the one keeping me focused- He can always find somebody else to do my job. It's up to me to keep God and His priorities as my priorities. Only through Him am I worth anything.

I guess the moral of the story is that nothing worth anything is easy. You really have to work at it every day. One wrong move, like forgetting to read my Bible/ pray first thing in the morning, can ruin everything thereafter. If you choose to serve God and follow Him with all of your heart, you had better be ready for every possible obstacle to interfere. The Christian life isn't the easiest life, but it's the best life! One thing's for sure- tomorrow is going to be different.

John 16:33;

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Philippians 3:12-14;

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment