Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 7

Day Seven

September 13, 2010

Today. Was. Amazing. God. Is. Amazing. I got up on time. I woke up by reading my Bible. We had 2% milk. I made it to school on time. There are so many reasons to praise God every day but we always focus on what went wrong! WE WENT WRONG! So today I focused on praising God for all of the little things.

Praise God that the girl from English class hasn't skipped any classes since I gave her the challenge. I owe her a chocolate bar. Praise God that she's going to continue that this week!

Praise God for my English teacher. We are reading about medieval knights and their "Hero Quest," when they discover who they are. These journeys are divided into 8 different parts. Today we got an assignment to write about our own "Hero Quest" and relate it to an experience in our lives. Amanda sits next to me. We looked at each other and BAM! We are writing about how we came to know, love, trust, and serve our Lord and Savior. I'm going to finish that up as soon as I finish writing this entry. Then my teacher will read it and understand why God is so important in my life.

Praise God that even though I hate strongly dislike math, I'm good at it and I am totally prepared for my test this Friday. Praise God for my History teacher. I sat down in class today and started telling him about how I watched the movie "Expelled" with Ben Stein in it, because my History teacher does a good Ben Stein impression. I told him about how the movie talks about scientists everywhere are who are being fired because they think that Intelligent Design (ID) could be a logical possibility. My teacher, though not specifically taking one side or another, half-way said in a regretful tone that most of the people in that very room probably don't consider Intelligent Design (a theory that the world was created by a 'higher being') could be true.

Praise God that I only spilled a little of my yogurt on myself at lunch today instead of all of it! Praise God that I got to talk to one of my best friends about life with a Biblical perspective at lunch. Praise God that French and Chemistry were short and easy and that I got to read "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan in class. Praise God that I have made so many friends already. Praise God that so far nobody has disregarded me as some religious freak. Praise God that I have yet to have a bad experience because of my outspokenness of my faith.

"As citizens of this kingdom, we are called to live in a way that reflects the reality of the kingdom of God. When we become overly concerned about our appearance, our spiritual reputation, our coolness, and our acceptance, we are living as citizens of this world rather than as ambassadors."

-Francis Chan

"Forgotten God"

Psalm 147:1;

"Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment