Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 4

Day Four

September 8, 2010

Today did not start the way I thought it should. I usually wake up around 5:45. My alarm didn't go off, so today I woke up at 6:35. I had to get ready for school, so I didn't have time to read my Bible, which is number one on my daily priority list. When I got my cereal, we were all out of 2% milk and I had to drink non-fat which is disgusting because I need my fat. I ended up spilling this nasty milk on me so I had to change my shirt when I was already running late. We got out the door late and hit almost every red light. I walked into class just as the bell was ringing. I was tired, hadn't read my Bible yet, my prayers so far had been quick and urgent and all about me, my cereal was gross, I spilled all over myself, and I was running late. Not a good way to start the day.

I was in band when I started thinking, Satan knows my plan. He knows how I want to preach Christ in my school. Satan is trying to stop me. He is trying to give me a bad day so I won't be nice to others. BAM! Sniper no sniping! I prayed that God would give me strength and help me move on like it was a normal day. In advisory I whipped out my travel-sized Bible and did my reading for the morning. In history we had to fill out a work sheet about 7 healthy habits and for one of the questions we had to write a positive statement to ourselves. After we filled out the work sheet our teacher asked us each to share one thing from our paper with the rest of the class. It was my turn and I got to say in front of EVERYONE, "My positive statement says, 'I am fearfully and wonderfully made by God who loves me and has the perfect plan for me. That's found in Psalm 139:14, John 3:16, and Ephesians 2:10.'" I got some impressed "ooh"s and "aaah"s and one kid blurted out, "Are you one of them church girls?" I smiled and said, "Why yes, yes I am." Then came my friend Amanda's turn and she quoted Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." The teacher said she was the fourth person to say that today!

Praise God that students are rising up and standing for their faith! Praise God that He turned my bad morning into a terrific day! I finished my Bible reading after I said my positive statement, and then a lot of the students around me commented on my cool travel-sized Bible. So far in these three days that I have gone to school I have talked to kids in Band, English, History, French, Chemistry, Advisory, and lunch about my faith and talking to them about their church and beliefs. I am not alone! And maybe through my courage, other students will be more bold about THEIR faith! God is so powerful and I never thought that any of this would happen. When you tell God your plans and ask for His help, everything turns out WAY BETTER than you will ever expect! All glory and honor and praise to God.

1 Timothy 4:13, 16;

"Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."

1 Corinthians 15:58;

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

No comments:

Post a Comment