Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 20

Day Twenty

September 30, 2010

I woke up in the morning to a text from my English friend that made my day! She told me about how she resisted temptation and got to share the gospel with one of her friends earlier that morning. I have no idea how much of that I can completely trust her on, but I know that my friend is trying really hard to do what she knows is right and to complete the challenge I gave her. You can definitely see a change in her just twenty days into the school year.

We got talking in the end of class about a rainbow. I asked them if they knew what a rainbow meant. Today the world has changed it into a symbol for gay rights, but the original purpose of a rainbow wasn't for gay rights, it wasn't a scientific thing that I can't explain, it was a promise from God to us. My personal opinion is that God made it scientifically possible because God always works with science, never against. God created science. The rainbow is an example of how you can't use science to lead away from the existence of God, it only pulls you closer to His truth. I didn't have time to explain the rainbow in class, but I'm putting the passage with the flood on my Facebook page.

In Chemistry I always start class the same way. While the first few people straggle into their seats I look around and say very excitedly, "GUESS WHAT?" They all look at me and then I say, "It's the last class of the day!" or "It's half way through the week!" or "I didn't spill yogurt on myself today!" or something all positive that gives them a reason to smile. I don't know about everyone else, but if I smile at the beginning of class then I can usually smile through the rest of it... besides math because I hate strongly dislike math. I'm getting better, though.

We had our first official Fishing Project meeting after school for everyone who signed up. It was so encouraging to see other students want to live for Christ in school!

After the meeting I went right back to school with my mommy for open house. I was one of the very very few students who actually showed up, but my mom got to walk through the maze that is my class schedule. I bet we burned 5 million calories together! (maybe not that much- but it seemed like it) The best part about it was that my teachers all smiled when they saw me walk in, so either they think I'm a good kid or they were told they had to smile. I'm pretty sure that some of my teachers are on my side. One of my teachers even smiles every time I talk about Jesus to my friends.

1 Corinthians 10:24;

"Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

1 Corinthians 10:13;

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. "

No comments:

Post a Comment