Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 24

Day Twenty-Four

October 6, 2010

My name is Amy R. I am a sophomore in high school. I started The Fishing Project a few months ago as a way to keep me accountable to sharing Christ with others. I have been keeping this log as a constant reminder for myself, and as encouragement for all of you readers. The Fishing Project is not just for me and it's not just writing about my day. The Fishing Project is something you live- constantly sharing God's love with others and using every opportunity to spread the gospel.

Today I got to talk to my friend from English. She skipped a few classes this week, so she doesn't get a candy bar. BUT! She is getting so much better about watching her language! She is making some serious life-changing choices and today she spent her first period reading the Bible. I got to look through it and she was highlighting her favorite verses, asking questions, and really seems to care.

God hears our prayers. God loves us. God wants what's best for us.

2 Timothy 3:16;

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

2 Peter 1:5-7;

"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment