Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 37

Day Thirty-Seven

October 27, 2010

Some people are just not nice for no apparent reason. I was in my 1st period class today when one kid decided he would not get out of my seat. I asked politely, I waited off at the side until class started, other kids were telling him to get out, but nothing worked. Finally the teacher had to yell at the guy and after three attempts he grudgingly got up. I was not happy to put it lightly. In another class the same guy called me ugly and loud and other rude things. Only through God's help did I hold back from punching the kid. I took a deep breath and tried to act like nothing happened, but not until after I told him I thought he was rude. I regret that last part. Talking to one of my friends about it afterward I realized that no matter what anybody does to me I still need to treat them with respect and God's love.

At lunch I was sitting at a table with some friends when a girl I had never met before came up to us. She started yelling at one of my friends and was being insanely obnoxious, rude, and ruthless. It was crazy! My friend just tried to ignore the harsh words, but she couldn't get away. We waited until the girl was done yelling and I took my friend and a few others and we went outside to get away. The first thing we did was pray. Out in the open court yard four of us held hands and prayed for my friend and that she wouldn't use this situation as an excuse to fall further into the world, but closer to God. Right before lunch ended we prayed again for the rest of our day and for one of my other friends who was also going through a hard time. Never underestimate the power of prayer.

Matthew 5:39;

"But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Matthew 5:44;

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,"

James 5:16;

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

No comments:

Post a Comment