Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 31

Day Thirty-One

October 19, 2010

Today was super long and I just wanted to get it over with. I listened in on some conversations that my friends were having around me in different classes. Honestly, I was disgusted! Students in high school love to play around with the concept of dating. I'm not saying that dating is wrong, but some students make their boyfriend or girlfriend their everything! I listen to what they have to say about it, and I don't scream out my opinions to them rudely, but I do add my input. I told them about how I haven't even gone on a date yet, but that I'm still happy because I know that God will bring me the right guy at the right time. I stood true to my beliefs. I got laughed at a couple times, but it's not their approval that I'm searching for.

Also, when I was at lunch, one girl sat down with us that I had to get away from. Every other word was a cuss word and she was really rude to the other people. Lying, cussing, yelling, stealing, and interrupting were just a few of the tactics that she used to gain attention. I finally got so fed up with it that I asked Amanda to get up and walk around with me for the rest of lunch. I didn't yell at the girl condemning her for her sins, I simply separated myself from the situation. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, He gives us the Holy Spirit to live in us and help us discern right from wrong. Without the Holy Spirit, humans are selfish and sinful and want to rebel against God. In that situation I didn't have to say anything to that girl to share the gospel- I just had to set an example through my actions. By not joining in with everyone else I was able to share the gospel- whether the other students heard it or not.

Proverbs 4:23-25;

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you."

Exodus 23:2a;

"Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong..."

"God is faithful to work it all out, so just do your best and He'll do the rest."

- Ryan D.

No comments:

Post a Comment