Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 36

Day Thirty-Six

October 26, 2010

Today was really cold and short, but all worth it.

In English I got to listen in on conversations about super crazy dating relationships. I didn't agree with their choices at all, but I didn't say that out loud. I listened to what they had to say and asked them things like what the purpose of dating is. I have never had a boyfriend and I'm okay with that. I think that it's an amazing testimony to others, especially as teenagers, to put God's plans for us before what the world tells us we need. And when those relationships come, to carry them out in a God-fearing way. The concept of not needing a boyfriend or girlfriend is practically foreign in this age. God is my number one priority.

In the same class I got to talk to another girl and somehow the conversation turned to religion. I don't remember bringing up the topic myself, that was purely directed by God. The girl was talking about how she had never gone to church or read the Bible, but that she's a Catholic. I asked her what makes her Catholic and she replied, "Well my parents were both raised Catholic and I think I was baptized." In a non-offensive way I started asking a few questions. I asked things like "Is Catholicism a race or a religion?" She answered religion, so I asked why what her parents claim to be has anything to do with what she says she is. If religion is a personal decision, it can't be inherited from your parents like blond hair or brown eyes. The conversation slowed down and shifted to the topic of shooting rubber bands. That's high school!

All in all, I think today was a fantastic day full of worshiping Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 10:35-36;

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."

Philippians 4:8;

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

No comments:

Post a Comment