Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 26

Day Twenty-Six

October 12, 2010

Yesterday I had to miss Bible Study to get caught up on homework and I'm still not quite there. I was so flustered and angry with myself when one of my best friends texted me random encouragement. She gave me the best advice anyone could give- to stop what I'm doing and give everything to God. She said, "God doesn't ever give you more than you can handle." So I did. My Bible opened to;

Isaiah 48:17a-18; "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to My commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea."

I'm still not entirely caught up, but I have so much more peace about the situation. And I have all the more willingness to buckle down and study. Not to get good grades, but to do everything wholeheartedly for God's glory.

I love this year in that everywhere I go I have somebody to smile at, wave to, laugh with, rejoice in Christ with. To study for a test in History today I Bible Quizzed with the two guys next to me, but using information from our text book. I have been able to build so many relationships and I still have eight months left!

We shall see who comes to youth group.

Jeremiah 29:11;

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 Corinthians 10:13;

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

No comments:

Post a Comment