Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 30

Day Thirty

October 18, 2010

After an amazing weekend enjoying God's astounding creation along the Oregon coast I am once again reminded of how powerful God truly is and how much He loves us! Every time a wave came crashing against the waves a rainbow appeared through the mist. A very beautiful reminder that, while God promised us He would never flood the entire earth again, He could do just that with one crash of a wave if He wanted to.

The weekend also reminded me of how misled some people are. The second night we stopped and watched a sunset on the beach. I look at the sunset with the stunning array of colors and immediately think 'Isn't God amazing? And powerful? He creates a sunset as dazzling as this, but He still chooses to love ME?!' I cannot comprehend how anyone can look at a sunset and think 'And all of this came from one ball of energy. This is all by chance.'

Then I had to think, 'Am I living like God's sunset? Do I go show people the masterpiece that God intended me to be when I walk around school?' This whole year God is sending me constant "checks" to reflect on my own life and make sure that it reflects Him. Gospel clothing and jewelry is great, but the conversations are what counts. God sent me a few conversations today based on my sweatshirt and necklace. God has blessed me with so many new friends and classmates this year. He helps me bring a smile to the faces of the kids in my Chemistry class. I have definitely built strong friendships in English class. I can give them the "good influence" that God wants me to be, but ultimately it is up to them how they react.

Isaiah 50:4-7;

"The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back. I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting. Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame."

Romans 1:20;

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities- His eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

No comments:

Post a Comment