Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet Amy


Amy R. Bio

"I was raised in the ideal christian home. I went to church every Sunday, am very involved with youth group, AWANA, Bible studies, etc. When I was 5 years old I gave my life to Jesus Christ and started a relationship between me and my Savior. I'm still trying hard to perfect what I call my faith in the one and only true God. As life goes on, keeping my relationship strong gets SO HARD! God has taken away my friends, put me into not-so-easy situations, but all to show me that I need Him more than anything else in this life. Now it is my goal to live every day for Him and to share this peace, joy, and hope that I have to everyone else. God gave me this life, so I'm living it for Him."

Amy R. is a part of The Fishing Project. TFP was actually a ministry that Amy was inspired to come up with through the Montana mission trips our church takes yearly. When asked about TFP, Amy responded; " TFP is a decision to live each day, especially in school, for the sole purpose of preaching the gospel through interactions with others, words, focus... EVERYTHING! Through my experience, TFP is an effective, simple idea that has real affects. Like my English friend making amazing, life-changing decisions to serve God, even though seemingly minor at the time."

Two of Amy's favorite verses right now are:
Romans 12:1-2
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
"I love this verse because so many times we try to do anything just to fit in. God gives us encouragement here that we don't WANT to fit in because God calls us to be different. We can stop trying to fit in because that is no longer our priority." -Amy

Romans 12:11
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
"This keeps me going and encourages me. I have zeal! I have spiritual fervor! But do I keep it up? This verse keeps me in check." - Amy

Amy decided that she wanted to do more with her daily life than just survive. She decided she wanted to live each day to it's fullest, bringing God glory hopefully in everything that she does. She created The Fishing Project, and she would be the first to tell you, it's not easy. It can be very difficult at times. If you've ever read any of her logs that she's written in the past 35 days, you'll see that it's not always an easy task to stay positive and serve God with your whole heart. But Amy would also be the first person to tell you that it's all worth it!
If you have any questions about TFP, feel free to ask Amy or Alyssa, Colin or Mason.

""Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."" Matthew 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment