Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 33

Day Thirty-Three

October 21, 2010

I started making small goals for myself each day. Yesterday the goal was to compliment 5 people I didn't know. Today my goal was to make a new friend. I got to know a girl in my Chemistry class and I FINALLY talked to that one girl I share two classes with! Tomorrow I am going to write someone an encouragement card. Small things like that are easy ways to remind ourselves of the ultimate goal- living a life full of Christ's love.

Today in English I got to talk to one of my friends the whole time about life. We didn't hit any major topics, but we talked about what it's like living in this day in age. We talked about temptations, reading our Bibles when we need to set our minds back on God's path, shared funny stories about our families, and I got to know her so much more. Not all of it was easy to hear, but it was true and raw and real and it made me love her and respect her so much more for her honesty.

Cell phones are an amazing invention. They help you keep in contact with friends that you would otherwise lose track of- especially when you've gone to five different schools like me! Texting is a really easy way to hold each other accountable to living a life worthy of the gospel of Christ. I love giving random encouragement texts and through just that I found out that one of my friends is going through a really hard time right now. She feels lost and confused and hurt due to events way outside of her control. Through texting I got to comfort her with passages from the Bible, talk through some key points of life with her, but most importantly I could listen without interruption. Listening is sharing Christ's love.

Philippians 1:27a;

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."

James 1:19;

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

Romans 12:15;

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."

No comments:

Post a Comment