Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 35

Day Thirty-Five

October 25, 2010

It's rainy and it's cold and it's a day in the life of a Washingtonian. There was no ninja playing during lunch today.

I have to admit- I do not want to write an entry for today. I'm behind in one of my classes. I still don't think my friends understand what living a life for Christ means. I'm constantly bombarded with bad language, dirty jokes, and really rude students. I don't feel like anything I do is making a difference. This project is so hard! Living a life wholeheartedly for Jesus and "stepping only in His footsteps" is insanely difficult! In fact, it's impossible! I can't do it. At least not on my own.

It's times like this that I can't lose heart. God still has a plan that I'm still a part of. As much as I hate to admit it- this means that I have to change. There's something that I'm not doing right. I'm not staying caught up on my school work. I'm not keeping Christ at the front of my mind for all situations. I'm not starting my day the right way. I'm not praying nearly as often as I should. To sum it up: I'm not giving my God my everything. That needs to change.

Are you giving God your everything? Or are you giving Him leftovers? God didn't create you halfheartedly, so you shouldn't serve Him halfheartedly either.

2 Chronicles 28:9;

"...acknowledge the God of your father, and serve Him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever."

Psalm 119:175-176;

"Let me live that I may praise You, and may Your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek Your servant, for I have not forgotten Your commands."

No comments:

Post a Comment