Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 22

Day Twenty-Two

October 4, 2010

I am so worried. Not for tests or homework or anything about me. I'm worried about my friends at TJ. I really don't think that they understand the difference between believing in God versus living for God and completely giving your life to Him. One of my friends could be leaving very soon and won't be back for a few months! The last thing that I want is for her to fall back into the world and completely put aside what she knows is right. Who knew that I would care so much for people that scared me the first time I saw them? God knew.

These friends of mine might not fully understand what living a Christian life looks like, and how to go around applying what's in the Bible to how they live, but they do see me every day. I'm done slacking off. I'm done with just smiles and compliments. I need to show them more. They know that I'm different and I hope that they realize my life is better because of that difference. But I want them to see what this difference can mean for them. Christ is the difference. When we finally allow Him to take over our entire lives- from how we act around others to how we begin to think about them in our private thoughts to everything else about us- our entire lives begin to change. There's no possible way for me to explain this to them. It's something you can only learn through experience.

The expression "monkey see, monkey do" comes to mind. Maybe through my example, and the example of the other believers around them, they can see how they need to improve. I'm not perfect, though. Maybe through my flaws they can see that perfection isn't realistic either. PLEASE! If you are reading this, pray for my friends and all of the other lost people. People that still need to decide between the wide way and the narrow way of life. There are so many of God's people that still have to hear the full extent of the good news that is the gospel. So many people that we interact with on a daily basis, but might not look at twice. You know, I still haven't talked to that one girl that I share two classes with?

Pray, stay focused, live a life worthy of the gospel of Christ, constantly be on the lookout for those in need, and never take your eyes off of God and the ultimate goal in this life- to give all glory, honor, and praise to our Creator.

James 2:19;

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that- and shudder."

Matthew 6:24;

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other."

Romans 12:2;

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing, and perfect will."

Ephesians 2:10;

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Matthew 5:16;

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Matthew 7:13-14;

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

1 Thessalonians 5:14, 16-18

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment