Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 23

Day Twenty-Three

October 5, 2010

God is faithful. He has a plan in place. He listens to our prayers. He provides for us and looks out for us.

I have a brother who got a nice study Bible. Two years ago. He lost that Bible and got it replaced. I found that very slightly used Bible a few months ago. It has no cover anymore, but other than that it is barely touched other than a few underlined or highlighted verses. Today I was blessed enough to give this Bible to my friend in English. We spent all of our class today going through different verses in the Bible, highlighting them, talking about them, and applying what the Bible says to our lives. We talked for well over an hour and she understands more than I gave her credit for. Praise God!

Her challenge for this month, along with her other friend, is to not cuss or use inappropriate language. SHE chose that challenge! The next two challenges for her to choose from are respecting her parents, and treating everyone with kindness and compassion, even if she doesn't like them. She told me that she picked the language challenge because, "If I work on myself first, then it will be easier to be nice to other people and I'll be more approachable." Amen! If only everybody could see that.

AND! As I was writing this, I got to watch my friend speak up about God and her love for Him on Facebook!

In French class I was reading one of my Bible study books and my teacher saw the cover. He told me about this app on the iPhone that has the Bible in every translation. I saw him look on his phone for the name of the app! I'm pretty sure my French teacher is a Christian? Encouraging :D.

Philippians 1:27a;

"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ..."

Philippians 4:8;

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

Matthew 21:22;

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment