Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 34

Day Thirty-Four

October 22, 2010

I love food. Today was a good day. We had a food party in my Chemistry class. Today is "Mole Day" (don't ask me why, but it has some educational purpose) so we renamed doughnuts "mole"nuts, lemonade became le"mole"ade, and stuff like that so we could eat it for a class party. We also played jeopardy about random jokes. I got to make friends, get the shy kids more involved and less separated from everyone else, and eat food!

Some of my friends and I get together during our lunch and head outside to play a fun, yet pointless, game called "ninja." Most high schoolers know how to play and it's an easy way to get to know people. With the group of people I play with we are able to hold ourselves accountable to hanging out with the right people, practice keeping our cool under frustrating circumstances (like me NOT winning when it was NOT my fault), and we pray right before leaving for our classes. Today our group got bigger! Finding fun, easy games like Ninja is a great way to keep each other in check and an easy transition to doing something like praying right before class.

Proverbs 3:5-6;

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Isaiah 45:5-6;

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other."

No comments:

Post a Comment