Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Meet Mason


Mason F. Bio:

"I grew up in a Christian family and we were always very close. We shared everything together and we loved hanging out. My parents divorced when I was about thirteen years old, this turned me into a very secluded and sad person. My freshman year in high school I started getting into a ton of things that made me feel better about myself, I did some very bad things that I regret doing and all this continued up to my junior year. My sister Emma invited me to youth group that year and I hated it! I felt so out of place and like everybody there was perfect. Luckily the only person I did trust at this point of my life was Emma and the only one Emma trusted was God. She pressured me to come back and I eventually met some friends and the youth pastor. To my surprise they all accepted me and genuinely cared about me. I started coming every week and I learned about the things Jesus Christ had done for me. I realized that I am an imperfect person and I needed someone to forgive me. I realized the God who created you and I, the heavens and the earth, loves me and died for me so that I could be forgiven! I accepted God into my heart as Lord and Savior. Since then, our relationship has been growing like crazy and could not be better."

When asked what the Fishing Project is and how it's going, Mason responded:
"The Fishing Project is about sharing the Gospel and the word of God with people who need to hear it. The Fishing Project is going very well!"

2 of Mason's favorite Bible verses are these:
1 Timothy 4:12
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
"This gives me motivation to talk to anyone young or old." Mason says.

Romans 10:9
"That if you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (emphasis added)
"This is how I know I am going to heaven!" Exclaims Mason.

Mason is apart of The Fishing Project, he has personally decided that he wants to be bold in sharing his faith with others, proclaiming the name of Jesus even though he may be rejected. Are you willing to share your faith against all odds?
Have any questions about The Fishing Project? What it means? How to join? Ask Mason!


""Come, follow me", Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him." Matthew 4:19&20

No comments:

Post a Comment