Welcome

Welcome Lighthouse students to The Fishing Project. This is a new project that we would love for you to be involved in! Want to know more about it? Check out the "Information + Reason" page link posted below!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 27

Day Twenty-Seven

October 13, 2010

I'm far from perfect! Yesterday in English we played a practical joke that went wrong. One of my friends has a habit of leaving her cell phone on my desk while she works. The girl sitting next to me took it and put it in her pocket while the owner of the phone wasn't looking. We traded it back for and forth to watch her freak out. Normally jokes like this just get a laugh out of everyone, but we held the phone for too long. When she got it back she stormed out of the room and left us feeling crummy and guilty and very sorry. We apologized, but I haven't talked to her since. She didn't come to school today, but for other reasons.

That was such a slam in the face! As Christians, we are definitely in a fishbowl. Everybody can see us and are watching our every move. I was not shining Christ's light when I joined in on the joke.

We had kids taking the PSAT this morning, so our classes were only 23 minutes each. I was one of the few sophomores that took the test this year and after I finished the test I still had 20 minutes until my first class started. With my crazy hectic schedule after school God blessed me with the time to step back from it all and open His Word for those 20 minutes. I got to read my Bible, finish my AWANA lesson for the week, and pray for the day ahead of me. That was my favorite part of today.

2 Corinthians 12:9;

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'"

Psalm 43:3-4;

"Send forth Your light and Your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise You with the harp, O God, my God."

"Why do we worry or carry anxiety when we know our story is written, and written perfectly?"

-Caleb K.

No comments:

Post a Comment